Sunday 13 September 2015

PROMOTION - CAUTION TO THE WIND BY F.R. SOUTHERLAND

Title: Caution To The Wind
Series: Elementals Series
Author: F.R. Southerland
Release Date: 25th April 2015

BLURB from Goodreads
Loren Bramley was no one--at least, that was what she'd grown up believing. She was unimportant. Even having superpowers didn't give her an edge. 

Then Loren meets a hooded vigilante with superpowers of his own and ties to one of the richest families in the country.

"We're going to save the world."

Suddenly, Loren is pulled into their lives. She is the one they've been searching years to find, the last of the four Elements--and she is the key to saving the world... or destroying it.

Can she throw caution to the wind and dive headfirst into her new calling, or will she be the pawn in a mad quest for power?

She wanted to be important, but not like this. Never like this.

PURCHASE LINKS


AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"? 
I didn’t first consider myself an actual writer until some point during middle school. That was when I got it into my head that I would one day be a published author. I wrote a lot—mostly little short stories I never finished, but I was definitely determined.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
My newest book is titled Caution to the Wind, and it is the first book of the Elementals Series. Loren Bramley learns her superpowers make her a key component in stopping a mad man from destroying the world.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
At this current moment, I am working on the second book of the Elementals Series, titled Free Fall. I also have a tie-in novella of the Elementals Series, written from the POV of another character introduced in Caution to the Wind. I am hoping for a July release for Kindle. I am also currently plotting another novel in the paranormal romance genre, involving vampires. I haven’t decided if that will be a series yet. Only time will tell.

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?
I write every day, even if it’s just a paragraph, and I often find myself typing a little something as I make dinner, or do housework. When I do get the chance to sit and write for an extended amount of time, I like to make myself comfortable on the couch. I turn on a favorite television show, or music I enjoy so I have some background noise, and I turn off the Internet—otherwise I find myself distracted by Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter too easily.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
As of right now, Caution to the Wind doesn’t have many reviews, and I have read them all. I make it a point not to search out reviews done on my book, but if I happen to come across them, I do peek at it.

Would you ever ask a reviewer to change their review if it was not all positive about your book/books?
No, never. Reviews are mostly opinions. If someone reads something I’ve written and they didn’t like it, all I can do is shrug it off. It stings to get a bad review and I might mope about it for a short while, but I just remind myself that everything is subjective and I move on.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?
I try to plan some of my character traits before I write. I like to know who I’m writing, but as the story goes on and characterization happens, they take on a life of their own. I find myself constantly surprised by my characters as far as what I first envisioned them and how they’ve changed over the course of writing.

Do you basic plot/plan for your book, before you actually begin writing it out? Or do you let the writing flow and see where it takes the story?
I set out with a basic premise. Then I begin to write and let the story flow from there. Often, I stop and make a few outlines once I see how things are progressing, but for the most part I just let the characters direct the story.

What do you do to unwind and relax?Do you have a hobby?
My favorite thing to do to relax is watch tv and movies. My husband and I have a nightly ritual of settling in and watching a few episodes of a favorite show, having some snacks. It helps us both wind down at the end of a long day.

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
I don’t think so. In the past years, I’ve seen the ebook industry expand and I think it’s great, but nothing will replace the feel of a solid, actual book. There’s something about having a physical copy in your hands, feeling the pages, breathing in that wonderful book smell. There’s nothing else like it, and I think that appeals to many people.

What do you think about book trailers?
They’re intriguing. I like the concept of it and I have seen a few really well made examples. If you have the resources available to make a good one, I say more power to you. I don’t see myself making one any time soon.


What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Keep writing and don’t give up. It’s a long road and it’s a bumpy one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment