Friday 22 August 2014

PROMOTION & REVIEW - ONE DIRTY BOWL: FAST DESSERTS, FASTER CLEAN UP BY CHRISTINA DYMOCK

Title: One Dirty Bowl: Fast Desserts, Faster Clean Up
Author: Christina Dymock
Publisher: Cedar Fort

BLURB from Goodreads
Quick desserts and even quicker clean up mean more time with your family and friends, and less time in the kitchen. With One Dirty Bowl, whip up show-stopping desserts like Hazelnut Puffs, Peanut Butter Truffle Bars, and White Chocolate and Strawberry Cupcakes, 
Very Vanilla Brownies,Hazelnut Puffs, 3X Chocolate Cookies 

From Christina Dymock, author of Young Chefs and The Hungry Family Slow Cooker Cookbook, this cookbook will impress your guests and satisfy any craving. And these quick, tasty desserts only dirty one bowl, which means more time with your family and friends at the table. 

Fast desserts, faster cleanup—grab a bowl and get ready to bake!

INITIAL THOUGHTS:
I was looking forward to this one, I mean most people like baking and usually hate all the messy pots etc that need washing after, this book claims to do all the baking leaving only "One Dirty Bowl" 

MY REVIEW
I was asked if I'd like to read and review this cookery book. I was sent an e-copy which I added to both my kindle and my new tablet. 
So I decided to look at the book on my kindle first, which the book worked well on, though the illustrations appeared as black & white on my kindle touch. The book contains some great recipes that can be mixed/prepared in one bowl. I enjoyed looking at the black & white pictures, but to have the full wow effect this book is even better with colour pictures. Which is why I decided to give it a second look through on my tablet, which would show the pics in colour. The colour pictures improve the book, and really make you want to get in the kitchen and bake! I have yet to try out any of the cookies etc in the book, I am contemplating trying out the recipe for coconut macaroon's! 
I should add that some of the recipes are somewhat Americanised using peanut butter etc, the sot of ingredients that may not be so commonplace over here in the UK. Though in my opinion there is a little something sweet to suit a large range of palates.
So did I enjoy the book? Yes, I loved it the most on my tablet with colour pictures. Would I recommend the book? Yes I would, the book has some great ideas that could turn into family favourites. Would I review more books by this author? Yes I would be interested in checking out more books by Christina Dymock. Would I review more cookery/baking books? Mmm that's a hard one as being totally honest I don't usually enjoy reviewing but having read & reviewed this one maybe I should say yes to a few more!

PURCHASE LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment