Sunday 20 October 2013

PROMOTIONAL SPOTLIGHT - BEAUTIFUL SORROW BY JENN LONDON

ISBN: 978-1482780383
ASIN: B00BTLUTXC
Publisher: Self/Indie
Pages/File Size: 242pages/1365KB
Formats Available: Paperback, E-Book

BLURB from Amazon.co.uk
Beautiful Sorrow is the almost unbelievable true life story of Jenn London. Her memoir touches on a multitude of topics from overcoming childhood obesity, immense family tragedy and her brother's suicide to pursuing a career in music and her active involvement in animal welfare. Her optimism, determination and drive only begin to scratch the surface of this dramatic, yet humorously written, inspiring journey towards finding peace and happiness.

MY COVER COMMENTS
I love the simplicity and beauty of this cover. The pencil drawing of the single rose is . . just ah . . delicately exquisite. I don't know if this is just me personally but you do get the notion of sorrow from the cover too. The placement, size and font of the title, and author fits so well too. I also like the wording about the book at the foot of it "A Memoir . . .  with struggle and adversity comes beauty"
So would this cover make me want to pick it up from a book store shelf? The short answer . .Yes . . for so many reasons.


A WORD FROM THE AUTHOR
I was born Jennifer Faye London, a Gemini! By the time I was thirteen, I weighed 205 pounds. By twenty-one, both parents had died (at different times, different circumstances). At twenty-six, my only brother committed suicide. These events do not define me. I am a musician, a poet and an entrepreneurial spirit.

“I am defined by me, and only me.”
-J. London
November 15, 2010

EXCERPT

CHAPTER I     HELLO


 Writing a memoir is something I had been wanting to do for years. I started a couple of times but always stopped after a page or two. This time it was different, it flowed in a way it hadn't before and just kept going. I once read a book that a co-worker lent me called Living in the Light by Shakti Gawain. It said that you don't have to push all the time, that when the time is right to write, it will be easier and quicker than to struggle through before its time. She was referring to the book she wrote and it certainly was true for me with this project.
 You may be wondering why you should read a book by someone you don't know. Someone who isn't even famous but all I can say is: 1. Trust me, it will be interesting. 2. I hope you see a little of yourself in me, in my story. Perhaps connect with some of the challenges I've faced and realize there's a happy ending if you create it. 3. Do you really have something better to do at this very moment? If you do, get to it; if you don't, thank you and please read on… As I was saying, I didn't set out to write it this time, it just happened. I hope there are some lessons to be learned here, and if nothing else, some engaging stories and at times some laugh-out-loud humor. But you are the audience, so you be the judge. I'm merely a pawn in this puzzle. The game of life.

PURCHASE LINKS


GIVEAWAY!


2 comments:

  1. Apologies for the random comment but I have an award for you. If memory serves correctly I think you do accept these. Here's the details: http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/shine-on-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jane, That's really great of you but I no longer accept these blogger awards.

    ReplyDelete