Friday 27 April 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - S.M. BLOODING




What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?


Hi! I’m Frankie and I write under the pen name SM Blooding. I was born in Colorado. We moved around a lot. Dad was a Marine and then he went into the coal mines and eventually into electrical construction. By the time I graduated high school and went into the ARMY, we’d moved twenty-seven times.


How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

From the very beginning? Well, I’d say probably anywhere from 6 months to a year. I storyboard and plot map and do a lot of research. It really depends on the story. If I’m creating a whole world, I’ll make the solar system out of Styrofoam and hang it from my ceiling to get a better idea of days, weeks, months, years and seasons. I’ll create maps, histories, map out the different types of creatures.

Or if the plot is INTENSE like in my paranormal thrillers, and there’s a mystery to solve, there’s a lot of research involved in how people really die and what forensic evidence we could use or which evidence we can’t. I’m probably on a red list somewhere on the government’s database. I’m fairly certain that if I applied for security clearance, I’d be REJECTED! LOL!

By the time I’m ready to write, it only takes me about 4-6 weeks to actually write the book.


Which of your books were easier/harder to write than the others?

Book 2!!! *shakes head* Wow! Its just amazing! Book 1 of all my series were brutal compared to Book 2! Everything’s already figured out! We know the world. There’s a lot less guessing. We know the characters. *shrug*

But Book 3 is a BEAR unless you take GREAT notes through the first two books! I’m just warning you! Wow! My head hurt after writing Book 3 of the Demon Talker Novels.


Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?

I’m actually working on Book 2 of the Dreamland Stories right now. Granted, I’m still in brainstorm mode, but I’ll be writing it down in about two weeks!!! I’m very excited! We’ll get to see the nightmares and different parts of Dreamland you probably didn’t expect to see. I’m SO excited!!!


If you had to choose to be one of your characters in your book/books which would you be? and why?

That’s so tough! Um…*thoughtful look* Oh, geez! Um…I thought I had an answer to this question! Ooohhhhh…*smiles* Oh! I’d be Telfgar! The dragon in Luk’s realm. *snorting with laughter* I always wanted to be a dragon.


Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?ie. Your partner, children, friends, reviewers you know?

Oh GADS YES! I get SCARED when my normal BETA’s are too busy (I write ridiculously fast and they’re all writers too!) But I’m getting new BETAs and I am always on the lookout for more.


Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?

Absolutely! They’re the ones who really get the word out there! I’ve given away…a lot of  free books. LOL! And it helps. I can tell.


Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

Oh yes.


Would you ever ask a reviewer to change their review if it was not all positive about your book/books?

Absolutely not! However! I can read through the review and see why they said what they did. Some people are not going to like my writing style. *shrug* That’s just going to happen. And some people are going to read my book even though they don’t read the genre. *shrug* That happens too. The only thing that really irks me is when someone posts a review and mentions typos when it’s a pre-release ARC. There are going to be typos in a pre-release ARC. *shakes head* But that’s the only irk I have when reading my reviews.


Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

It depends. The Dreamland Stories are going title first. The Nightmare. The Dreamslayer. The Mechanic. The Dreammaker. I’m having a lot of fun with it.

But the others usually happen story first. Those titles are a lot more fun, a lot more creative and usually come straight from the dialogue. Don’t be surprised if there’s a book out there someday titled, Oh…Shit. Just saying. Best line in the book so far, hands down and it’s easy to google that title. LOL!


Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and what would it be?

I was just informed by my boyfriend that semis have EIGHTEEN wheels. Not sixteen. So…that will be changed in the next version of The Dustman. LOL! Other than that?

Always!


Where can readers follow you?

http://www.smblooding.com/
Facebook   




No comments:

Post a Comment