Monday 19 March 2012

EXCERPT - EVERLIFE BY KYANI SWANIGAN






Excerpt:     

He gave me a startlingly evil grin, “You will regret what you’ve just done, I promise you that much.”

           He began dragging me by the root of hair effortlessly, and I decided to scream. I screamed as loudly as I could, not even recognizing my own uneven voice. My throat stung badly, and it was hard for me to catch my breath, but I needed help. Suddenly we stopped, and I heard a man’s yell join mine. I twisted around to look up, and there was Birch. His hand was wrapped firmly around Luke’s fist. His face was strained with anger; I had never seen someone look so threatening.

           “Let go.” Birch growled in a low and steady voice.

           Luke was sweating heavily, and he was shaking, but he wouldn’t let go of my hair. He just let out a maniacal laugh, and tugged my hair harder. A small cry slipped through my lips. Birch blew out a hard breathe and tightened his grip. He repeated his demand one last time; his tone was still subdued, but threatening. I even felt a chill race through my body, thinking that Luke would be crazy not to let go. But he was proving to be just that as he once again yanked my hair.

That was the last straw for Birch Balman. His face tightened, and then I heard the disgusting crackle of Birch crushing Luke’s hand. He released my hair and recoiled, staring horrifically at his now mangled fingers. He tried to run the other way, but it was too late, and this time I was able to see what was going to happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment