Wednesday 21 March 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - MARTIN KING


Aaaw cute pic!


What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now? 
Martin King, Burnley in Lancashire, Yeadon near Leeds.

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
Yes - I have a full time job in the marketing department for a local company. 

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say? 
Jack Hunter - Secret of the King is an exciting action, adventure Indiana Jones for kids.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
Jack Hunter - the French Connection is the second in the series and will be out September, 2012. The characters gradually get older with each outing so the reader can grow with the adventure.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? 
Yes - there are seven in the series altogether.

What genre would you place your books into? 
Teen Mystery.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
 Yes.

Would you ever ask a reviewer to change their review if it was not all positive about your book/books? 
 No.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?
 The title first, but I know the plots of all the books in the Jack Hunter series, so it is kinda easy.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?
  After I've written the book. I am a story teller, so I will in effect write the whole story in the first draught, characters and all, then go back and start to give them personalities.

Do you basic plot/plan for your book, before you actually begin writing it out? Or do you let the writing flow and see where it takes the story? 
When I first started writing, I would just go with the flow, but now it's a lot more structered - which is difficult for me to stick to. 

Have you ever suffered from a "writer's block"? What did you do to get past the "block"? 
 No! If you knew me, I never run out of things to say and I'm no different when I'm writing.

What do you do to unwind and relax?Do you have a hobby? 
Amazingly I unwind by writing my stories, but I do love a good film (and chocolate).

 Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you? 
Yes and yes. My current novel is based loosley around true events that happened to me when I was a boy.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback? 
 I actually prefer comic annuals.

What is your favourite book and Why?  Have you read it more than once? 
Tintin. I'm a big kid at heart.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst  book to movie transfer?
Absolutely. These will become huge children adventure films in the future.



I am looking forward to reading this one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment