Saturday 28 January 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - JENNIFER COMEAUX






1       What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?

Hi! My name is Jennifer Comeaux. I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana and have lived in the New Orleans area all my life.

2      Do you work another job as well as your writing work?

Yes, I am a Certified Public Accountant and work as the Tax Manager for a large corporation. Quite different from writing!


3   What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words, what would you say?

My latest book is my first book! LIFE ON THE EDGE is a Young Adult romance. If I had to summarize it in less than 20 words, I’d say, “The path to Olympic gold sometimes takes an unexpected turn.”

4    Who is your publisher? Or do you self-publish?

My publisher is Astraea Press. They specialize in clean reads–fiction that can be enjoyed by all ages!

5      What can we expect from you in the future?  More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

I’m currently working on ideas for the follow-up to LIFE ON THE EDGE. I’d like to write more books set in the world of figure skating, possibly exploring the stories of some of the secondary characters from my current book.

6       If you had to choose to be one of your characters in your book which would you be? And why?

I would be Emily, the main character in LIFE ON THE EDGE. She has incredible athletic ability and can do things on the ice I only dream of! She also lives on Cape Cod, one of my favorite places to visit.

7      Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them? Your partner, children, friends, reviewers you know?

My sister and a couple of friends read all my writing, and I also posted my book on Critique Circle, a site where writers can get detailed feedback on their work. I made some great friends on CC and have received very valuable advice from them.

8      Did it take a long time to get your first book published?

I knew before I even finished my book that I wanted to submit it to Astraea Press because I liked the company’s values and wanted to be part of its growing group of authors.  Once I submitted, it took less than four weeks to hear back from them. They offered me a contract, and I was ecstatic!

9      What do you do to unwind and relax? Do you have a hobby?

I enjoy listening to music and going to the movies. Movies and music often inspire me and give me ideas for my writing! I also love to travel, especially to figure skating competitions.  Those trips also serve as a great source of inspiration.

   What do you think makes a book really good/a best seller?

I think the best books have characters that stay with you long after you’ve finished reading. When you find yourself becoming emotional as you read, whether it’s crying along with the characters or yelling at them, then I think the author has succeeded at writing a masterpiece.


LIFE ON THE EDGE
Available now from Astraea Press:

Amazon:

Barnes & Noble:




No comments:

Post a Comment