Saturday 10 September 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - LAURIE BOWLER



What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
I’m Laurie Bowler and I live in the United Kingdom, in a county called Hampshire. I was born in Gibraltar and I am 29 years old. I’ve been writing for 2 years now, since November 2009 and I have had so much fun on the journey in both the creation and the publication of my books. To date I have managed to accumulate a large library of works, ranging from paranormal romance, romance, horror and adventure. The best part for me though has got to be creating the new worlds and inventing new characters and creatures that have yet been written before.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
My latest book is titled Order of Blood. Its about a vampire themed in the Moon Rising series called Hervidor.
It’s got romance, adventure, bloodied fight scenes and cool vampires that will make you laugh out loud. Not forgetting my new creation the Gulons who is their arch nemesis!

Sorry! I couldn’t stick to the 20 words

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
This book has originated from a series called the Moon Rising series, which consists of the following books Moon Rising, Sunrise to Sunset, Golden Horizons. For a while I have wanted to write Hervidor’s own story of how it all began with Nessy’s (the heroine in Moon Rising) capture and I am glad that I have. I do plan on writing a series especially for the Gulons who are cat like creatures and the arch nemesis of any vampire, I think it will be so much fun! And I will be started a new series called Blood Fusions, so look out for that one!

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I first started writing in 2009, there wasn’t anything as such that inspired me. I woke up one day and found that I was running out of books that I liked to read, so I started to write my own. I never dreamed any of them would be published.

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?  
I do very often. I’m always looking for reviewers, blog sites to be interviewed on , spotlighted etc. Any exposure is good for me. And I also offer giveaways, and I’m very conscious to be generous with the amounts of books that I give away, to enable more chances to open up for potential readers. And it’s so much fun giving stuff away rather than asking someone to buy it!

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Yes. Serena Embracing Darkness is based upon a real person that I know or rather knew. She wasnt and isn’t a vampire though I just decided when i was writing the character to turn her into a vampire to spice the book up a little. Anyway, the real person is cruel and very hard hearted at the best times, to me it was intriguing and I thought it would make a good story, throughout the book you see the change to the character that I wish the real person would and I know could be like.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
I love all format’s of books. I read books on my iphone, and I have tons of paperbacks all over the place. It depends on whether or not I’m too impatient to wait for the paperback to be delivered or not!

What is your favourite book and Why?  Have you read it more than once?
I love Flowers in the Attic, I’ve read this book over and over again, I can’t remember how many times exactly. I love it because it’s a really touching story and is the only story to have made me cry.

Is there a book you know you will never read? Or one you tried to read but just couldn't finish?
I try to finish all books, and I don’t leave bad reviews. Purely because I know the pains and the love that goes into an authors work, just because I didn’t like a book does not mean that someone else won’t. And, there must have been something good about the book to be able to pick it up in the first place. All books that pass through me I tend to love anyway!

Are there any New Authors you are interested in for us to watch out for? and Why should we watch out for them?
I would say Joel Andre, he writes horror but its humorous as well. I love his work, very descriptive and scary!

Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and what would it be?
I think if I could change anything it would be Serena from Serena Embracing Darkness. When readers first start the book she very cruel and hard hearted, so much that readers more or less get put off by it. Personally, it came from a real life person and from real events (although the real person was not a vampire). I would soften her up a little and try not to make her out to be so mean to people but that was only in the beginning of the book!

What do you think about book trailers?
I love book trailers, it’s like watching a mini movie of the book and can generate so much interest it’s done in the right way and to the specification of the author and fits the books characters and the authors imagination of their creations.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Just that you should keep going no matter if you receive a negative review because on the same day someone else could be reading your book and will leave a positive review and then you will have fan for life! Never give up on your dream.


Is there any more information you wish to supply?
 Can you mention that all of my books are only $0.99!!! Please.
 
Thank you loads
Laurie

Thank you for taking the time from your writing schedule to do this interview.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra
    Congratulations, you have won Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert. I have sent you an email requesting your address details so I can post it to you.

    ReplyDelete